Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dance till you drop. Or your face meets someone's elbow.

Ska is Dead IV proved that, contrary to popular belief, ska is alive and kicking. Scratch that—skanking.

I haven’t danced through an entire show in years. Today I woke up with a sore back and a partially bruised and swollen eye. Oh, the glories of the pit.

Today, partly because of my exhaustion, I did not accomplish much. I paid my electric bill (woo-hoo!) and ran a few errands.

I decided to try the bareMinerals Mineral Veil Buffering Brush from Ulta. This line of make-up has single-handedly cleared up my skin in less than two weeks. I don’t care if it’s pricey, it’s worth it. However, it is a huge pain to carry around. So far, this little brush seems to work perfectly.

I also went to TJ Maxx to check out discounted home items. I snagged a great, and gigantic, casserole dish, a few Hello Kitty blown glass Christmas ornaments, holiday cards and an early gift for my mother.

After, Ricky and I grabbed dinner and ended up watching movies at the guys’ house. All around, it was a fun, but non-productive, day.

Hence I am now working on some pieces for The Eye of the Storm.

As pictured in my previous post, I recently snagged a sweatshirt-material motorcycle jacket. I had been looking for one just like it for months; it seemed they were only available in unflattering colors or at ridiculous prices. But lucky me! I was wandering Target, killing time, and spotted one left in my size. When I brought it to the register, I was informed it was 25% off. The woman in front of me, while collecting her bags, even congratulated me on my smart shopping skills while I jumped for joy.

The elbow to the eye from last night is staring to hurt again. Perhaps it’s time I caught up on my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment