Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Glorified Tee

LLG Shirtdress BIG
[Dress, Express; Leggings, Hot Topic; Boots, Nine West; Belt, Hot Topic; Watch, Target; ID Bracelet, TJ Maxx; Silver bangle, thrift store; All other jewelry, vintage]

I woke up late today. And by "woke up late," I mean hit the snooze button for over an hour. Way to go, Julia.

I was exhausted, my head hurt, and I couldn't imagine sitting in class for nine hours. But then I remembered I have not only my first algebra exam, but also my first biology exam, on Thursday, and I could not afford to miss the reviews.

I think it is a safe assumption to say that many rushed and worn out college females turn to sweatpants in the morning, especially if they're running late. But not I. No, no, I still feel embarrassed going to the drugstore in pajamas when I'm ill. Instead of the terribly comfortable, but God-awful eyesore, sweats-and-tee outfit, I turned to the prettier alternative: a t-shirt dress.

If you don't own a t-shirt dress, go buy one. I'm been having a wonderful obsession since I bought my eggplant one at Express several months ago. Although they no longer offer it, they have a similar style, the Shoulder Snap Sleeveless Dress. I also really like Alexander Wang's T-Shirt Dress, with its low, rounded neck. Although typically I'm against pre-fitted "t-shirt silhouette" dresses, I think the Silence & Noise Silk Print T-Shirt Dress is actually very sweet. Perhaps it is the fact that the pattern is reminiscent of something M.I.A. would wear, or perhaps it is because I adore Silence & Noise. Either way, I think it's delightful.

Prior to the t-shirt dress, I turned to trapeze dresses for presentable comfort. Although I still wear them from time to time, nothing is better than jersey knit. Clothing like this ruins the oh-so common "but I like to be comfortable.." excuse.

Despite the fact that I ignored the alarm for so long this morning, it was a good day. I found the time to grab a latte and a bagel before class, BIOL100 was released thirty minutes early, and I was happily greeted by my Moleskine in my mailbox when I got home.

With any luck, tomorrow will be marvelous as well. I'm covering an event for the newspaper at 11 AM, and my last class won't be out until 10 PM. Oh, joy.

At least it gives me an excuse to wear my new heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment