Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pleased to meet you.

My name is Julia.

But you probably know that already, assuming you've glanced at the sidebar. If not, let me introduce myself. I am a nineteen year old student, majoring in journalism. I am the editor of my college's newspaper, an on-campus English tutor and a clerk at a bookstore.

I live with my boyfriend, Ricky, and our hamster, Tortoise, in the greater St. Louis area. Our apartment is full of mid-century furniture, framed posters from "the best show they ever played!", and KidRobot toys. It's small and lacking in convenient storage options, but the kitchen and powder room are tiled in retro pink and black, and the closet is a walk-in. I can't complain.

Between the two of us, we read approximately twenty-five magazines per month. He hopes to be a brewmaster/brewpub owner, and I dream of being a magazine journalist focusing on style or design; needless to say, the postman must think we're nutty since we receive everything from Beer Magazine to ReadyMade to Lucky.

I recently snagged a copy of H&M Magazine, and completely loved it. I thought it would be nothing more than a glorified catalogue, but I was entirely wrong (although I was a bit biased since it featured two of my favorite Skins actresses.) The article "Shop Smart!" was particularly great; I've always been put off but some people's opinions on designer outlet stores and the like, and think it's fabulous that they are starting to be embraced.

When we're not working (or reading magazines) we normally end up at shows, wandering The Loop, or entertaining. I have a bit of a knack for being a 1950s-housewife, so we have dinner parties regularly. We're currently perfecting our sushi rolling skills to have a Japanese night soon.

Tonight we're going to Italian Fest. It will be in the low 70s, so I'm not exactly sure what I'll wear yet.. Something with black leggings and knee boots, I'm sure. As far as shoes goes, I am a sucker for slouchy boots. I am currently on my third or fourth pair since 2007. Thankfully, the ones I wear now (Nine West Black Leather Cheryl Boots) are holding up much better than my last pairs.

I think I'm going to run off for a bit. I need to get ready for tonight, and should finish some newspaper business. Besides, Side A is over and my record needs to be flipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment