Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Too cold to sit outside; Too bored to sit inside.

I am sitting in the Cyber Lounge on campus, trying to kill time. I had a brief meeting at 4:40, but my next class doesn't start until 7:00. Oh, joy.

I'll be going to Chicago this weekend to visit my best-friend, and "twin", Alexis. It's going to be a weekend of retro fun and shopping fiascos. I couldn't be more excited.

Since my last visit, Marc Jacobs has opened his Chicago store. I've been eyeing the current Special Items all day. I plan on paying all of my bills before leaving, because who knows what shopping self-control I'll have once I'm there.

On a completely different, but equally exciting, note, Ricky and I went midcentury furniture shopping on Monday. We ended up snagging a pink and grey formica hairpin-leg kitchen table (with the leaf!) and a butter cream chrome bar cart from TFA for under $130. What a steal. I also snagged a clearance vintage miniature doctor's bag for $5 from The Vintage Haberdashery.
God, I love St. Louis.

But, no matter how peachy our new kitchen is, or how much fun I'll have with Alexis, the real highlight of my week was when a man yelled "Arrr, yer be a sexy pirate!" to me at a gas station last night. How I didn't fall for that line is still beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment