Monday, September 13, 2010

"We'll All Sleep When We're Dead"

I may or may not have mentioned on here that I have a little bit of a purse problem.

While grabbing lunch with an old work friend/new school friend (apparently us Borders girls are actually huge school nerds... Who would have guessed?) on Friday, the topic of handbags came up. Thankfully, she too is a purse addict. Neither of us could explain why they, of all fashion accessories and articles, were the most alluring. Here's hoping someone else agrees.

I am unbelievably picky with handbags. I am a firm believer in the bigger-is-better bag rule (my excuse is I need to carry textbooks, a sweater, a drink, and possibly my laptop to and from classes.. In reality, I just like giant bags.) I pay a weird amount of attention to the hardware, strap length, stitching, and feet. And most importantly, they must go with my everyday pair of black boots.

So that means they need to be black bags, right? Or colored, or maybe white? Possibly gray? Kind of.

I'm slowly warming up to brown. It's taken me long enough, but I'm starting to like it. Maybe it's because of the absolutely wonderful and comfortable camel semi-perforated, cut out oxfords from Bakers I just found on clearance that I can't stop wearing. Maybe it's my "Old Man Hat" that I bought off Tomas for 50 cents in 2005, which Yogurt (another fan of accessories) is currently asleep in. Who fucking knows. All I know is, I'm on the hunt for a multi-strap camel carryall on the cheap(ish.)

Top Shop, $170

Top Shop, $80
Hmm. I'll be on the look for a while. On an unrelated note, I can't stop listening to the Star Fucking Hipsters album, Until We're Dead. I can't tell if the Naked juice or loud music or lovely bags or cigarettes that have me so half-asleep+wired. Perhaps now, since it is 2 AM, I should be sleeping. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment