Friday, October 22, 2010

Boo! Ahhhhh! Eek!

I love holidays. No seriously, I looove them. I love them so much I use italics to explain the swoon-ey voice I'm using in my head when I think 'I love holidays.' I love themes and themed parties and themed baking and themed décor. Oh, and costumes, but we'll save that post for closer to HobGob.

As this Halloween is my first decorating opportunity in my new apartment, I found it only fitting to take full advantage of the season. It might be more eclectic + seasonal than spooky + deathly, but hey, this place is too pretty to turn into a graveyard.


My extra long living room triple window sill is perfect for decorating (and the landlord removed my window AC unit just in time!) Yogurt isn't thrilled that his sunning spot is covered, but he still has the bathroom sink, which he enjoys way too much.

Above this is my rad-tastic collection of 90s McNuggets. I couldn't take a proper picture, though; my windows are east facing, and it was too sunny to have them show up. I just wanted to share that I love Halloween McNuggets, even if I've never eaten the real things, because I find them that adorable.



Halloween vignette atop my kitchen display shelf/room divider. My spray roses from the Soulard Market two weekends ago are perfectly dead, making them ideal decorations. And my adorable black bird pie vent fits right in as a scary (okay, not really scary) crow.

Here's hoping everyone else is in the spooky mood! Hip hip, Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment