Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who needs lipgloss?

So if you happen to know me in real life, you know I wear very red lipstick every day. I am a woman of routine, and one of my most favorite routines is making my lips redredred.


It used to be a three-step process: lipstain, lipstick, and tinted balm. However, there were flaws in that routine, the first and foremost being this awful ring of red around the outside of my lips. It looked very 90s, like perhaps I'd lined my lips a few shades too dark. Also, the process of using all of those products takes a lot of time. I suppose that's why most women save red lips for fancy occasions. I would put on the stain, wait for it to dry, put on the lipstick, dab it, put on more lipstick, dab it, put on more lipstick, wait for it to dry, and put on balm. I don't always have time for the dabbing and waiting, which leads to it fading away or leaving marks on my cigarettes and coffee cups. If I was in a real hurry, I would skip the middle step. However, most lip balms seem to rub the lip stain off my lips, making it fade even quicker.


But now, I have found the solution: Smith's Rosebud Salve.

Smith's Rosebud Salve, $6 at Sephora





For a mere $6, this amazing balm makes me lips super soft (no seriously, they were icky chapped on Saturday and perfectly smooth Sunday morning) and keeps the stain on all day. I colored my lips at eight this morning and they still look great. There was no mark left on my coffee, nor is there a ring around the outside. The color survived food, drinks, a nap, and 15+ hours.



It smells like a mix between flowers and baby powder. It isn't sticky; my (very) long hair hasn't stuck to it at all. And I can't stop using it. Sorry Burt's Bees.. You've been replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment